Today is a day we have been looking forward to for a while… The Hobbit came out last week And we were able to see it today. We are lovers of all thing associated with geeks, nerds, dorks, and any other word that would be found next to those in a thesaurus. There was a time when I would of been ashamed to declare my love for Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. But now I fly my geek flag high. My daughter dresses up when these types of films come out, it has been something I look forward to planning for and she looks forward to dressing up.
I would be a bad fan if I hadn’t been thoroughly anticipating December 14th for several months. While doing a marathon of the initial three films I realized what the perfect meal to make for this movie was… Breakfast, but not just any breakfast… Second breakfast. So we made pancake cupcakes!!!! Unlike those in the shire we would be unable to consume two full meals. So a bite size meal was fitting.
2 cups boxed pancake mix
1 1/2 cups milk
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 cups powder sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine boxed pancake mix and milk, whisk thoroughly, it will be THICK.
3. Portion off into greased cupcake liners. I filled slightly less then half way full, as these will rise considerably during baking.
4. Pop in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Beat butter until fluffy. Add in maple syrup and powder sugar.
7. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with bacon.
This is something we serve for Christmas Breakfast and guys/men/boys go insane for them. I make them the night before, make the frosting, and it is ready in the morning.